An air conditioner fan motor was the cause of a fire scare at Meadowlark Hills Retirement Community over the weekend.
According to a press release from the Manhattan Fire Department, firefighters were dispatched to the retirement community at 2121 Meadowlark Rod in Manhattan just before 8 a.m. Saturday. Upon arrival, crews found moderate smoke in the hallway on the third floor. Crews immediately upgraded to a 2nd Alarm Fire and began searching for the source of the smoke.
There was a report of a possible lighting strike in the area of the building prior to the call. After a thorough search of the structure, crews were able to locate the cause to be a burned up air conditioner fan motor on the third floor. A total of 20 firefighters responded on six fire apparatus with the last unit clearing at around 9 a.m.. No fire damage and no injuries were reported.
The post MFD: Burned up AC fan cause of scare at retirement community appeared first on News Radio KMAN.
Source: KMAN Local News