April is Month of the Military Child and Fort Riley kicked off the month-long celebration with a parade March 30 and a proclamation signing April 3. Many family-friendly events are planned throughout the month at Fort Riley, including:
- April 6, Midnight Sports from 8 to 10:30 p.m.; call 785-239-9222
- April 7, Family Movie at Barlow Theater at 11 a.m.
- April 8, Kids-fest at Riley’s Conference Center from noon to 3 p.m.
- April 14, Family Pool Party at Eyster Pool from 5 to 8 p.m.
- April 21, Family Bowling at Custer Hill Bowling Center from 11 a.m.
to 2 p.m.
- April 27-28, Operation Megaphone Lock-In from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.; call
- April 28, Family Field Trip to Spin City from 9 a.m. to noon
For complete details about these events and many others, visit https://riley.armymwr.com.
Since 1986, the Department of Defense has recognized April as Month of the Military as a way to honor the commitment and sacrifice made by military children, who typically experience frequent moves and parents with busy training schedules and frequent deployments.