Jodi’s daughter went nuts over over this Mac & Cheese recipe. Is it the added bread crumbs, or just because Mom made it?
- 1 box of pasta (your choice!) I use the kind with added protein – cooked & drained.
- 1 small bag (2 cups) of shredded cheese (again – your choice) I use a cheddar/jack blend
- 1-2 TBS of whipped cream cheese
- 2-3 TBS of Panko Break Crumbs
- 3 -4 TBS butter
- A splash or 2 of milk (or whipping cream!)
Boil and drain the pasta. While it’s still hot, pour the pasta back in the pot on top of butter. Stir to mix. Then add the whipped cream cheese and stir. Slowly add about half the bag of the shredded cheese (use as little or as much as you wish) Splash in the milk to give it more creaminess. Spread the mixture into a greased casserole pan. Bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle more cheese on top – along with bread crumbs and a few pats of butter. Put it back in the oven for 5 or so minutes. The butter pats make the bread crumbs work! Good stuff.
Get even more delicious and quick food ideas from dinner to dessert, HERE!
Source: Murphy Sam and Jodi